Friday 19 January 2018

Bonus Blog - The Voyages of Dad And Leaving Chile

Today I am going to give you a bonus blog about the adventures that my dad has been doing and some of the "dad" things that he does over the time we have been in Chile. This will also be my final blog for this trip because we will be heading home from Chile this weekend. I will probably be very jet lagged because we get back at 11 am after a 12 hour flight so I will have gotten no sleep.

Back when we were in Coyhaique, we went out to a restaurant that had a bar and 2 TVs that were showing a football game. The restaurant didn't have a menu, so when the waiter came to ask what we wanted we didn't know what they had. None of us speak Spanish, so dad tried to communicate and find out what food they had. My dad does this thing where when he is trying to talk to someone who doesn't speak English, he just laughs really loud and he has done this so many times. After a few minutes and google translating, we found out what was on the menu. Once we finished ordering, someone on a table next to ours stood up and walked over to our table. He gave my Dad a beer and took some selfies with him.

Another thing is that Dad mispronounces Spanish words, even when he's used them lots of times, like "Coyhaique", "jamon" and "uno". 


1 comment: